Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Davy the new Antrim manager.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anything think that it is a bit soon too bring in mcmanus to the setup?

I don't think Davy is the type to listen much to others opinions - it's say he's got his own pen in his head and that's it.

Post edited by funkey_monkey on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Rosita

A bit early to comment on Cody. Maybe give him a chance to lead his club in Intermediate ranks first. This story is still developing. I believe the crowd they're playing are nearly Junior standard but I wouldn't rule out Cody's ability to dig out a defeat. So a work in progress.

I realise how angry you are but that was a reply to someone else a number of days ago. Don't have time engage directly with all your fantastical inferences about me "dismissing" people.

Before he arrived Waterford were sitting on a record of 1 win from 11 in Munster. That was how low an team which competed in an All Ireland Final had been dragged. Fitzgerald won a game in both years, and was unlucky not to qualify from Munster in 2024, and would have but forna non-free awarded to Tipperary. Compared with Fanning (?) ans Cahill he looked like John Kiely. Easy to show the bounce. People just need to lift the red mist to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Won an absolutely meaningless match against Tipp in 2023.

Credit to Waterford, the win over Cork this year was good but if you’re trying to say there was genuine progress for the County it really is a stretch.

Ha! Meaningless match?! Tell that to Tipperary (and Limerick)! A pivotal game in many ways. I know it sticks in the craw to admit any progress (Internet row matter.......a lot) but 1 win in 11 Munster championship matches before that makes him look very successful. He made them competitive. In Waterford that was progress.

’very’ successful

‘VERY’ successful??

Have you lost the plot?

There was literally no progress. They’ve factually gone backwards if including League in it. The goal this year as stated by Davy multiple times was to get top 3 in Munster to progress into the AI Series and they failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cms88

I would say explain what you meant by your comments about Lohan but it's clean by now that's something you don't like doing. Unless of course when it's about your hero Davy boy.

To be fair he/she has a very high bar. Considering Brian Cody is failure according to them.

Wow what a Davy reply. It's always someone elses fault other than poor little fish Davy isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Is this actually true? They beat Tipp in 2022 in the round robin, so 1 win in 4, lost the only game they played in 2021, beat cork in 2020 and lost the final, so that's 2 wins in 8.

In Davys time they won 2 from 8 in the round robin. So basically an extra draw in Davys 8 games compared to the 8 games before that.

Post edited by irelandrover on

Wow indeed. But it's harsh to try to blame Fitzgerald for results when he wasn't manager. Like there's anger and then there's this. At least try to include the occasional fact in your delusional ramblings.

Firstly you're the only one talking about results before he was manager. I've shown you plenty of facts you've just chose to ignore them all.

While you're talking about delusional ramnlings. Are you going to comment on your ''fact'' about Waterford only winning one in 11 games isn't actually true? Or are you just going to change the goal posts again?

Hard to know if you arebjust uninformed or a blatant liar. I said that Waterford won 1 game from the previous 11 in the Munster Championship before Fitzgerald took over. Like I said you are either uninformed or a blatant liar. But as I said to you previously you are entitled to your opinions but not your facts. It doesn't work like that. Facts are facts. Don't try to lie your way to relevance.

What are you actually talking about? You're just making things up now. He took over again in 2023. In 2020 Wateford won the Munster semi-final and won one group game in 2022. I know it might be hard for you to understand but that's actually two games and not one. So yes facts and facts and either you're uninformed or just a blatant liar.

So explain yourself? Or did you just think he took over in 2022? Bit like how you claimed he was the Clare U21 manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Deiselurker

I wouldn't say Waterford made progress under Davy Fitzgerald compared to Liam Cahill. Cahill was in charge from 2020 to 2022. In 2020 Waterford reached the Munster and All Ireland final under Cahill. In 2021 we reached the All Ireland semi final.

We won the National Hurling league in 2022, beat Tipperary in our first round robin game before losing the next 3 games.

Last year was Davy's first in charge and we had a disappointing league and only championship win was v Tipp after we had lost our first 3 games and were already out.

We were relegated in this years league and morale was low. The championship was better than expected in fairness, with a win, a draw, a 1 point loss to Clare with last gasp 65 and well beaten by Limerick in final championship game.

Most Waterford fans would have been happy enough for Davy to stay on based on the Munster championship but he decided to move on.

I know it's difficult but please try to stop lying. Just even take one day off.

Explain how what you said isn't a lie? Did you not say Waterford only won one game before your hero took over? When they actually won two? You're literally trying pass off something you've made up to be true. Also still waiting for you to tell me when he managed the Clare U21s? Or is that something you just imagined as well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement