Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment of Money?

• 16-08-2024 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Young adult male here with money sitting in a bank account, I am looking to invest some as there is no point of money sitting idle, what would people recommend me to invest it in at the moment? Recommendations welcome?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Buy land.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

I would be cautious about investing in anything but you have money in the bank its definately losing value by the day.

TThere will be a financial crash before Christmas starting in the states. Land maybe subject to the "Right to accomodation" now in its second reading. Look to buying Gold/Silver Bullion from a reputable dealer. It never makes money but in times of trouble people always recognise gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Odelay

…………

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

In general, look what people here suggest, then do the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,539 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

What are your investment objectives? Your timeframe? Your attitude to risk?

(I advise you to ignore any advice coming from anyone who hasn't asked these questions, and carefully considered your answers.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Ted222

You might get more informed advice on askaboutmoney.com

Advertisement