Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your last three Shazams, and why.

• 16-08-2024 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭

So we have the wonder of shazam, no more do we have to go into hmv and sing or hum things at sales assistants, we can find out at the touch of a button what that tune is.

So what were your last three shazams and why did you check?

For me

Xanadu by Ummet Ozcan. Played on an ad for a bus company on tv and a cracking tune. My first experience of Mongolian techno. Im a fan.

Be My Baby by the Roxettes. Came on in a film my dad was watching and we all guessed what year it was from.

We are the people by Empire of the sun. A pub moment where nobody could remember who made it, but everybody really liked it.

What have ye been Shazammin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I've used it a lot for identifying music used with sports montages/end of year reviews that I recorded from the TV years ago. Music would often have no lyrics, indecipherable lyrics or only an instrumental part of the song was used. The last few I've shazzamed are

Tubular Bells cover - Plutonic

Into the Night - Julee Cruise

Depth Charge - Cavendish library music

Never Here - Elastica

[ve never used it with humming though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

1. Poolside - Harvest Moon …. I know the Neil Young original song, I’m a fan of NY but hadn’t encountered this cover before… I hope I don’t hear it again. Sounds like a drunken karaoke version at around 4.30am in some godforsaken dark corner of the earth hotel room. Brutal version. But was curious as to who the butcher(s) was.
    2. The National - Oblivions…From an album of theirs ‘I Am Easy to find’ which I have never listed to too much and it’s been ages.
    3. The Longpigs - She Said…. Couldn’t remember the name of the band although I’d heard them and the song before …. Longpigs are credited with being indie schmindy mid ‘90’s lost and underrated, never saw it myself but Richard Hawley was their lead guitarist before his solo accomplishments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,761 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As the Crow Flies by Tony Joe White.

I love this type of music, and knew it was TJW but couldn't place the song title, it was playing on the Creedon Show on rte1.

All That School for nothing by John Grant. Man has some amazing songs, if somewhat quirky.

Tokoloshe Man by John Kongos, an old classic I had forgotten but I Shazamd it again as it's just so good. Have listened to it quite a few times since that Shazam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Say you can hear by Men I Trust - Cool tune which I heard when watching The Good Doctor on Amazon Prime

Let me think about it by Ida Corr and Fedde Le Grand - A mid 2000’s “Booty House” tune that I had almost forgotten about until I heard it on the radio in the coffee shop at work

Houdini by Eminem - Pretty weak compared to Eminem’s old efforts from the late 90’s and early 00’s

Advertisement