Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW F10 QUESTION

• 17-08-2024 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi, im driving a 2014 5 series. while driving, i can feel some kind of scraping feeling vibration through the steering wheel, and sounds like a bit of a rubbing noise outside the car, very feint. I have had the mechanic check it out, he says its not wheel bearings, gearbox, differential, or brake dust shields, he cant figure out what is causing it, i changed the brake discs, and didnt solve it, anyone had this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭GPoint

Hard to tell without seeing but get drive shaft checked out. You did not mention if your is an xdrive?. I had similar noise and vibration at low speed and staying in D at the lights. Turned out to be worn out drive shaft and transfer box. Mechanics could not find an issue until brought to bmw. Also there could be exhaust pipe fixings underneath that get loose with age and will cause vibrations.

Advertisement