Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question

• 17-08-2024 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭

I believe you can bring your car in for NCT up to 3 months before it is due and if it pass you can have up 15 months before it will be due again, now does this only applied if the NCT is still valid on taking it in.

My car has been off the road for a year with engine problems, now fixed, it had been out of NCT since November 23 if I take it for NCT next month ( 3 months before November) and it pass will I get NCT until November 25 or until November 24.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

Afaik you will just get an nct for a year atarting from the date you test it.

TThe 15 months only apply when you have a current valid nct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Sorry just to be clear if I take it in September 24 I will only get a NCT till November 24 ( as out since November 23), or until September 25?

Thats my understanding yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Correct and same will apply ion you bring it in Dec 24 or Jan 26 etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Sorry. Misread that. You should get a year from when you do the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

If you had your car NCT'd normally from Dec 1st 2023 …it would finish Nov 24 anyway ....so if you nct within the 12 months of first registration anniversary ( Dec- nov)in sep this year it would still finish Nov this year

Post edited by cap.in.hand. on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Now I'm lost with last 2 comments 😁

If I take it in for NCT in September and it passes will I get a years NCT or will it only be until November 24.

( NCT expired November 23)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Ring the NCT for clarification…I'd think it would expire Nov 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I took a car in for test that had been untested for 5 years. It was 20 days before its anniversary date and I got a cert for 1 year and 20 days. i.e. up to anniversary date.

I was surprised but happy.

Advertisement