Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form11- Remote Working Relief

• 18-08-2024 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi, I am filling the Form11 and I am supposed to get 178€ back for remote working, however, in the last section (IT self assement) does not show that amount/credit anywhere.

How do I add that credit to the final balance of Tax Overpaid for this period?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It will form part of your overall tax credits for the year

Whether you are due a balance of tax overpaid is a result of all your income, taxed at the various rates, less your credits and tax paid at source means a balance either overpaid or underpaid

Get rid of the remote working relief, check what the balance overpaid or underpaid is, then input the credit and I would imagine the difference will be your €178 but the remote working relief alone does not mean you will end up with a balance of tax overpaid

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pabloazazel

I end up with a balance of tax overpaid, I got rid of the remote working relief and the balance is the same, I added it again and same balance.

It seems the remote working relief is not having any impact on the overpaid balance so I am thinking I am missing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭lau1247

I haven't submitted my 2023.. so this might sound stupid but did you load your bills into the receipt tracker? (Mandatory last I recalled). Also after you have everything entered, near the final step (Step 4 out of 5) if memory serves me correct, did you make sure you ticked the remote working relief (Along with all other reliefs like medical)?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭downtheroad

FYI that's a tax relief not a tax credit. So you get income tax relief at either 20% or 40% of €178, not €178 off of your tax bill.

Advertisement