Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Resolved] Cordell disputing a warning from the army chaplain thread in CA

• 18-08-2024 10:53am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is the thread for Cordell disputing a warning from the army chaplain thread in CA

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Cordell

I tried to engage with @Ten of Swords but after some sarcastic remarks he stopped engaging, he asked me to explain my post then ignored my PMs, as usual. I'm disputing the warning and his behavior.

Can I get an update on this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@ancapailldorcha If you could please review this and the other thread accompanying it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'll look into this soon.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Cordell,

I'm struggling to read the text. Can you reproduce that in larger images, please?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement

….

Hi Cordell,

I have decided to uphold this. This is a clear attempt to derail the thread and thus sidestep your threadban from the Israel/Hamas thread. The tone you employed was also inflammatory, insisting that there is widespread and unchallenged support for Hamas on this site when this is patently untrue while baiting posters. This is essentially textbook trolling.

Let me know if you would like an admin review.

What about Ten of Swords way of handling things? Is it acceptable to ignore PMs that are supposed to be the proper way of discussing warnings? Is it acceptable to be sarcastic when discussing warnings? Or that he asked me to explain my post then he failed to acknowledge that I did and to follow up? Is it too much to expect mods to be a bit more professional when acting as mods?

I don't see why being banned on a thread means that I can't discuss similar issues when there is a connection on another thread, but whatever, this dragged on so much that the warning will expire soon anyway.

I would certainly like an admin review, especially on how this was handled.

Kind reminder that I asked for admin review for:

• mod refusal to engage and reply to polite PMs
    • being warned or banned for discussing a subject on a thread simply because I was banned on a different thread - I wasn't warned for trolling or whatever, I was warned for simply touching the subject, that's the reason I was given at the time. Is this covered by the charter?

• Administrators Posts: 14,461 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Hi Cordell

• The mod engaged with you over a number of PMs and explained the reasons for the warning
    • You were warned for off topic posting. Your post was off-topic

Warning upheld.

• Advertisement

Hi @Big Bag of Chips

Look at the last 3 messages, he asked me to explain my post, I did, and he ignored me. Even worse is this one, where he didn't engage at all:

Is this one also acceptable?

• Administrators Posts: 14,461 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

We are not here to discuss the actions of any other poster. This is for you to dispute the warning. You were warned fairly. The warning remains.

A moderator is not expected to get into an endless PM exchange with a poster. You were warned fairly. Clearly you were not going to accept that and were going to continue to argue via PM with the moderator. Many of us have a 3 reply rule to PMs disputing warnings. If a poster has not accepted our explanation following an exchange of 2-3 PMs they are unlikely to.

The moderator in this case acted appropriately. You were treated fairly in the dispute resolution process, but that doesn't mean your warning gets overturned. This was a clear cut case of you posting off topic and trying to derail a thread. I uphold the moderator's decision.

The warning stands, and this is now marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement