Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords trade card rates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Whocare

Anyone know can you lie to get halford trade card do thay look for much proof ect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭honda boi

I noticed this myself the other day, prices dont look near as worthwhile as it was before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Stephenc66

I can't say I have really noticed. But I have not been using them much lately.

Could it be that the retail price of the products has also gone up on the products that you are buying but you are still getting the same Trade discount as a percentage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭bbuzz

My understanding is that they bench mark other motor factors and discount accordingly. This is why I think you get such a big discount on branded parts, but much less on Halfords own brand. It's been a few years since I looked at it, so open to correction.

I bought a litre of oil and some wipers last week, got about €2 off the oil, but €10 off the wipers - it's always been a bit random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Buffman

The website always seems to be very messy when applying discounts and not always correct, I had the experience once when trying to buy a battery that the trade card price significantly increased the price instead of giving a discount, even in-store all I got was 'computer says no' type response when trying to physically buy it.

Different items get different discounts also.

I'm pretty sure some of those discounts were previously up to 30%, but max is now 20% so looks like they did reduce it.

• "Lowest Prices On Bulbs
    • Lowest Prices On Oils
    • 20% off Halfords Workshop & Tools
    • 20% off Batteries
    • 20% off Fuses & Fixings
    • 10% off Oils & Additives
    • 10% off Car Cleaning (Excluding Karcher)
    • 10% off Body Repair
    • 10% off Branded Workshop & Tools
    • 10% off Parts
    • 10% off Blades
    • 10% off Motorcycle
    • 10% off Seasonal Chemicals"

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Last time I looked into it (and applied) you had to go into a Halfords store with proof of trade before receiving the card, do you not need to do this anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭beachhead

Didn't they have a 25-30% price hike about 2 yrs ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

No it's available to the likes of van drivers now

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rpg

Thanks all. The price/discount adjustment is definitely recent enough. I have an order for some oil and wipers mid July at a price I was familiar with but now all those things are around 15% more expensive. It’s still a discount off the regular price, but much more modest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement