Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving away

• 19-08-2024 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I’m desperately looking for some advice…..

I moved to Canada from 2014-2019 and I loved every minute of it. I was young at the time and I feel the experience completely changed me as a person, I grew a lot as a person and gained a lot of skill,confidence, and friends. I decided to move to Toronto and quickly made a lot of really close friends, friends that I’m still in regular contact with. We would always find new restaurants and coffee shops to explore every weekend, take trips to the mountains, go on cruises, and life was great. My social life was a 10/10 and I often think back fondly about that period because I was never bored and Toronto is a massive city.

In 2019 I decided to move to Saudi Arabia, it was supposed to be a short-term thing, I just needed to get away for a while, try a new culture, try something new, and the plan was always to return to Canada the year after, 2020, then the pandemic happened, and things didn’t work out, I tried to get back, but Covid travel restrictions didn’t allow.

I like my current job a lot in Saudi, but I don’t like where I am living. I don’t really have any close friends and most weekends are not very eventful. I have come to accept that I’m going to leave at the end of year, once my contract finishes, I feel like I’ve been here for too long and I really really really miss Canada, most mornings I wake up wishing that I was back in Toronto and I regret leaving, I wish that I could turn the clock back.

So, I’m so determined to go back, early next year, or late this year, but there are a few problems. I feel like life will be a lot different, I’m much older now, the pandemic happened and prices went up a lot, I might not be able to find the ideal accommodation option because of the current housing crisis in Toronto, and maybe people may have moved on with their lives and maybe not willing to socialize a lot, or maybe too occupied with their families and other stuff, or maybe the whole experience will be completely different this time.

So a few things to take into account, I would need to be home in Ireland for about 6 weeks,or maybe even 2 months to sort out the visa, medical, document authentication, police clearance, these types of things, I don’t have any control with regard to the pace of the visa process, worst case scenario, it may take 3 months. So, I need to find a place to stay in Dublin (short term) and I will need a job in Ireland (short term) Does anyone know anywhere that would hire me for a short contract in Dublin?I don’t mind what kind of work it is. Also, does anyone know anyone who could rent a room to me? (short term)

I feel like if I have a job and a place to stay when I hope to return (early next year), it will simplify things a lot, I know there is an accommodation crisis in Dublin, but surely there have been new apartments built lately.

Tagged:

Advertisement