Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic card ports not working

• 19-08-2024 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have an ultrawide monitor split into two screens using DisplayPort. I woke up one morning last week to find that only one screen one my ultrawide monitor wasn't working. I initially thought it was the monitor, but I plugged it into a different monitor and had some issues, but it one screen worked without sound on HDMI. The spare monitor I have is several years old and doesn't have DisplayPort.

So I brought it down to the local repair shop and he told me only one HDMI port intermittently works and he's telling to buy a new one. I only purchased the parts for this computer in May 2013 and I don't particularly want to throw away a €1,100 graphics card that's only 15 months old.

This is the GPU in question: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B0BQNCSW3X/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So what options do I have? I can't find a warranty on Amazon (where I purchased it). Can it be repaired or replaced?

Comments

Advertisement