Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mk2 golf GTI or E39 540i weekend car

• 19-08-2024 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

I have make my mind up that i want to get a weekend car in next 6 months and the two cars i am familiar with in terms of costs and maintenance, parts etc are a mk2 golf gti16v or an e39 540i, two very different cars

Reasons for each

Had many golf gti's over the years and the 16v gti was an amazing car, small , nimble and decent power. parts were handy to get about 15 years ago and easy enough to do basic stuff myself on.

540i , always wanted a v8, have had a few E39 and love the solid build of them, i had a 523i and a 530d and as i wont be able to afford a e39 m5 i think the 540i would be a good compromise.

other cars i looked at were g60 corrado and LS400.

so what do you think ?

Thanks for reading

Advertisement