Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are there alternative routes to being a Counselling Psychologist?

• 19-08-2024 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I am a psychotherapist currently doing an online psychology conversion MSc with Derby University.

Can anyone tell me if they know how to apply for chartered status as a counselling psychologist without having to do the Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology in Trinity?

The PSI won't entertain my queries until I have my psychology degree so I will get back to them in 18 months when I have completed my course.

I had heard of someone who already had the MSc in Counselling Psychology going to DCU to complete the Doctorate in Psychotherapy and that was deemed an equivalent.

I am wondering if I could do the same - the doctorate in DCU. But perhaps that would still not be sufficient?

if anyone has any experience of this I'd be grateful….

Advertisement