Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocation of ESB Meter box

• 20-08-2024 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I wish to relocate the meter box from the rear of a house around the corner to the gable. Any guidance on the costs involved? I will be asking the ESB for a quote.

Photo of existing box attached which it is intended to move to the gable wall between the window and corner of the house, a short distance. The supply cable runs along the gable underground so it will not need to be extended.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭tphase

I think the standard ESBN charge is €450

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭k mac

Did the same a couple of years ago was 440 plus Vat for ESB at the time, also be aware you obviously have all the work done as in the meter box moved to the gable, ducting etc. Also was a struggle to get them out was weeks waiting

Advertisement