Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed quick delivery

• 20-08-2024 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi

Im looking for a garden shed to serve as a pump house for my home water treatment. At the moment most places i look at seem to have a months lead time as minimum. Is there anywhere out there that have a fast turn around for garden sheds? A month is a long time to go without water.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭thebiglad

You would get a plastic shed in many of the larger DIY stores for immediate takeaway but unsure re metal/wooden. Could a small plastic shed serve you for a few weeks, costly but in the circumstances…

Failing that - Done Deal etc for someone getting rid of a shed - again not straight forward but…

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Wiggles88

Thanks for the reply. We do have a battered old shed we can use (its one good storm away form falling over). I was hoping to get the more permanent shed first so that when the water treatment equipment came we can just wire in everything once. Im not sure if its a big deal to take out a running expansion tank/water treatment setup once its installed. I would have thought once its installed, we're pretty much stuck with where it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,108 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The important thing is the base/slab. I assume you're not going to have equipment just sitting on a raised timber floor.

I suggest you decide on what shed you want, pour a slab to those dimensions (ask the shed supplier for the exact specs if you're unsure) and get the equipment installed on that. I'd imagine it'll all be IP rated anyway so won't mind a bit of rain - ask the sparks about this. You might want in put in a hockey-stick type conduit through the slab for the power (I've used red 50mm ESB 90 degree bends for this, not the full actual hockey stick cos that's for a deep house slab).

You might want to raise the equipment off the slab itself e.g. on timber bearers in case of flooding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Wiggles88

Based in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I got a metal one delivered from dancover.com in 7 days, pretty happy with it.

Advertisement