Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf club membership price

• 20-08-2024 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Looking to join my local golf club it's about 1k until Feb 2026 and just wondering if anyone is paying a similar price, how much are you paying per month if it's done via payment plan or how does it work out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭skinny90

Depends on your location but price wise 1K for 18/19 months isnt bad.

Things i'd consider…

How does the course play on the off season?

My current club is €680 for the year but its a parkland and during the winter season its not worth heading out, there is course im looking at a bit further down the road and its €1350 however it plays well all year round

In terms of payment many clubs would prefer up front, some will allow you to split it over 3/4 months

The club im looking at does it by over months. im not sure if there is an increased fee as a result

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You'll need to give us an idea of where abouts you are if you want to know how that price compares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Also, whats included in the membership, are GUI fees included (usually not) are comp fees included(usually not) is there bar \ proshop credit included etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,065 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mine is playable all year round with full greens. We rare have temporary greens but I do recall some years ago when we had temporaries after a severe frost. We are beside the sea but our fairways are not entirely sand based and some have shale underneath which means they drain very fast and are always in good condition. I pay 960 euros per year which includes insurance, locker and 100 euro split between the bar and restaurant. I'm in the north-east beside Carlingford and the course is Greenore. It is a very scenic area.

Forgot to say that when considering a course you should try the least hilly because it can be a trek on a hilly course as you get older. My course is easily walked and you can play from 9 until 90 as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I joined a hilly course a decade ago after years playing on a flat links and it has plenty of members well into their 80's who are still walking and all the better for it. My Doctor maintains that the cardio exercise in playing on a hilly course has huge benefits for me (I have a few health issues and carry plenty of bulk!), I certainly have mastered the stamina required.

People should not be afraid or put off playing hilly courses as initially they might seem tough climbs, but like any regieme …. your body quickly adapts and benefits hugely from the exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭coillcam

A lot of clubs will cost more than €1k and rates probably will increase slightly given inflation/costs. You'll still find smaller clubs in rural areas/towns under €800. Others will have a 1 time joining fee on top.

Hard to know where the €1k stands tbf without knowing the club or general area. It might be a year 1 intro offer only, then year 2 you have to become a full member (vote at agm and eligible for major comps) which costs more. I'm in the Midlands and my fee is about €1100 but then you add joining fees etc it bumps to €1300.

I think most clubs have direct debit facilities from chatting with other golfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭blackbox

Our annual sub is around 1500 - East coast, members' club. Includes GI and insurance. Cheaper for intermediates under 32.

The club has an arrangement with a finance company if you want to pay monthly.

Advertisement