Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone want to hang a flatscreen TV for me? Based in Dublin

• 20-08-2024 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭

Based in Kilmainham. Dublin 8. Bought a 43 inch flat screen. We have a flatscreen on the wall already. But it is broken. So the wall bracket should be fine (assuming it is compatible). Negotiable price for service.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I used a guy recently for a flatscreen TV and the brackets, very reliable guy, turned up on time etc.

I can PM you his name and number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭bfclancy2

Forum is DIY (do it yourself), surely you can attach the piece to the back of the TV with the four bolts and slot it on to the receiver on the wall yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭JVince

It can seem daunting if no diy experience, but as the bracket is there, it should be very easy

The current one is almost certainly compatible, so take notes when taking the current one down and replicate it on the other TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭tjhook

I'm not knowledgeable, definitely not a professional, but a question I would have is do you have any requirements relating to the cabling? I.e. do you already have ducts behind or on the wall for power and HDMI cables, or are you happy to have cables visible, or do you need something new done there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Even just take photos as the old one is being taken down and brackets removed. 99.99% of people have a phone that can take photos these days. Easy then to look back at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Ok. Thanks. Will give it a go so. I presumed it would be more difficult,

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

I don't want to tinkle on your bonfire or anything, but ebay and the classifieds were full of cheap flatscreens with broken screens.

It is something to be wary of, the vulnerability as its easy to concentrate on reaching for a lead while gravity sneaks up and pounces on the TV.

I cracked a screen myself on an LG during removal of parts. I never noticed the wirecutters on the table as I placed my TV face down to remove the duff LED array.

Of course even if a friend would do it or lend a hand, its best to look into the what if's and who pays the costs if the worst does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Thanks folks. That was easier than I thought. I thought there would be a lot more to it. But with the bracket already on the wall, the majority of the work is already done.

Advertisement