Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir fibre black spot

• 20-08-2024 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, II got fibre installed last week up stairs in a bedroom, the signal was weak if you went downstairs. I have got the eir mesh/smart hubs which has helped this problem but i am still struggling to pick up the wifi signal in the sitting room down stairs. Any one have a solution or advice it would be appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Are the walls mass concrete or a new build? I live in a mass concrete house and have 3 hubs to cover the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thebi

Mass Concrete!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

That's the problem, I'm similar and need 4 mesh devices to spread the WiFi over the house.

Can you move the eir router a bit? Extend the cat 5 cable as far as you can. Every bit helps. Even into opposite corner of the room upstairs and more central into house.

I see it too many times, the main router is stuck in a corner of the house and not central enough.

Best option as always is to hardwire cat cable into access points. That's my next move but will require a good bit of work and chasing.

Advertisement