Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing broand provider

• 20-08-2024 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently just out of contract for broadband, was paying 40/month for 1gig off sky. Now that I am out of contract they want 80/month, The best they could do for me was knock a fiver off my bill so that's no good.

Sky currently have a deal for new customers at 30/month.

M question really is can I cancel my broadband with them and take it out in my wife's name? Same address just different name. I presume sky are wiser than that and limit new customers to households? As in has to be an address that currently doesn't have sky broadband supplied to it?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yes, done it many times before. Never an issue being at same address. Just give cancellation notice and then signup online under different name and email etc.

Sky don't now that' it's your wife or who is in the house. I also say I'm moving out of the home and do not require a house move as the house I'm going into has sky already installed. So just be to the point on the call.

Advertisement