Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel 13th and 14th Gen Stability issues

• 21-08-2024 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, didn't see a thread on this so wanted to ask the following:

I have a chip (14900K) thats suffering and I am sending it back via Amazon who are refunding me. I have updated my BIOS to the latest version (ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI BIOS 2503) and it states in the update "The new BIOS includes Intel microcode 0x129 and adjusts the factory default settings for the non-K processors, enhancing the stability of Intel Core 13th and 14th gen desktop processors." - does this mean that the update DOES or DOESN'T work for my chip?

Also, if I get a replacement chip, can I get the same one and not have it suffer from the degradation issues which affect my current one? Is it safe to buy?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

Can't recall where I heard it (gamers Nexus or LTT maybe), but my understanding is one they start showing issues related to the problems they're having, that's the chip done. The update won't save it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tow

My understanding is the BIOS Update stops/slows them from being damaged. But once damaged the update is not going to fix the CPU.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OurKes

Hey, thanks.

Yeah Im aware of the fact that my current chip is done for and Im getting a refund for it from Amazon as its still in warranty etc. What Im asking is that now that I have updated to the BIOS with the caveat of "The new BIOS includes Intel microcode 0x129 and adjusts the factory default settings for the non-K processors, enhancing the stability of Intel Core 13th and 14th gen desktop processors." - does this mean if I buy a brand new 14900K, will my chip suffer from the same degradation issues as before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

Ah, sorry, misread your post completely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement