Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 Alarm

• 21-08-2024 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Yesterday, I could see “61 Call engineer” along with “FAULT” and “BATTERY”. A good few years ago I replaced the 12V battery in the control box so I went to take the front panel off the control box to double check which battery I needed. I ended up with the external alarm sounding for 20 minutes at a time as I struggle with removing and replacing the front panel. The fuse light has dislodged/hanging and no idea exactly where it should be placed to sit properly when the panel is refitted, that’s an aside.

I managed to replace the front panel and reinsert the fuse but it is a hack job and I need to get it to fit properly. I sourced the battery and when I returned to it last night there was no warning on my keypad. Decided I'd leave well enough alone. This morning the warning above was on the keypad.

So do I try try follow the instructions, from Koolkid on this forum as I did years ago, to replace the 12V battery or might it be something else?

Any tips re fitting the front panel are also welcome. Is there a way to stop the alarm sounding outside while I remove the mains power to the control panel?

Thanks. I appreciate any time given to replying here.

Post edited by Mumser on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mumser

Does anyone know how to stop the external bell sounding while I remove the power to the control box when I'm replacing the battery?

I do have an engineer code.

Advertisement