Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant for 20 people (Dublin) recommendations

• 21-08-2024 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi All,

Trying to organise a dinner for a 50th celebration and looking for recommendations on a restaurant south side of the city centre for 20 people on 21st September. Rang Fire as we had all eaten there before but they can only offer a 5.30 or 8.00pm sitting, this is to early for people getting baby sitters and to late to meet others for a drink who can't make the diner…
    Ideally it would be 6.30/7.00 booking. Any recommendations would be appreciated as I need to get booking soon.
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Any particular type of food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,371 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Maybe FXBs Pembroke Street?

https://www.thebuckleycollection.ie/pembroke-street

If there's no mobility issues, perhaps upstairs in La Cave on South Anne Street could be booked out for your group.

https://lacavewinebar.com/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tradfan1

Dunne and Crescenzi, Sth. Frederick Street - open all day as far as I know, very nice, mainly Italian food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer St is nice and buzzy, and the food is great (although I haven't been there in years, admittedly)

I've eaten a couple of times recently in Fade St Social, and that was great. Last time we were able to book a table upstairs in the rooftop cocktail bar for afters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭JVince

Garden Room in the Merrion is perfect for that and I'd highly recommend it.

Suesey Street is another that has section available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

+1 on Fallon & Byrne, always good for large groups

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭only_a_newbie

thanks guys for comments so far…
    Is fade st Social still open?

not seafood… I love it but wife hates it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As far as I know only Brasserie 66 and Rustic Stone closed. They were very helpful with our booking when I was there recently - try emailing them and double check.

reservations@fadestreetsocial.com

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Banzai600

IMO, try Pearl Brasserie. Its consistently good, great value and service. Its got a great vibe too. Its been around for a long time. If anyone is driving they'll get parking around Merrion Sq too if its a big group.

was at the Garden Room quite recently, its considered high end. Food was good, but service was lacking. Staff polite etc. Not looking to be waited on hand and foot, but staff disappeared after we finished our mains, for a good 20/30 mins, had to ask for water a couple of times after finishing a glass or two during the sitting. and pour the wine ourselves - even when it was brought to the table initially after it was opened for us, seriously. We wont go back, they had their chance, and for the money we paid, that was enough for us. Nothing else mentioned so far done it for us in the past.

• Advertisement

thanks. Pearl Brasserie is a little too refined but thanks very much for the suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Bit more casual, but the market bar is generally good at taking large groups. Otherwise Fallin and Byrne is great, nicest food in Dublin IMHO. Saba, Hugo's and Dada are all really nice for groups too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭cobham

Airfield House in Dundrum is used for small groups. I have seen the main room in the house set out for a function. I struggled with same issue two years ago and found a place that was great but since closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

1900 Restaurant on Harcourt Street is good for groups and is fairly casual too.

Would agree with Suesey Street too. We had a work night out there for about 30 of us earlier this year and couldn't fault it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A third vote for Suesey Street, we had our work Christmas lunch there last year and it was very good, staff were great and food was too

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Banzai600

dont knock it for the future…..when you look at what pubs and so called b.s. contemporary / fusion etc are charging for fried food, it very much puts things into perspective.

Advertisement