Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Civil Service 2022 - Pre-employment checks - does it guarantee job offer

• 21-08-2024 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8

Hello all,

I had done the tests for EO 2022 ages ago, was contacted recently, did interview and was placed on panel.

Was contacted week before last with pre-employment checks and completed same.

They want to contact my current employer for reference. I haven't been offered job yet, they are saying that this has to be done in order to proceed. Their documentation states that being on panel does not equate to job, which I understand.

For others who have been through this, are you definitely at the job offer stage if you get to the pre-employment clearance part.

I'm so afraid to say to my current employer (private sector) incase there isn't actually a job.

I really want the EO job, but I'm also so scared that it will come to nothing. I've been on panels before and nothing came out of them. I've never done the pre-employment though.

Any advice really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭xeresod

There is a job, but you must pass the clearance processes first.

It's no different than any other job offer really, the offer is provisional until references etc are checked and deemed suitable (and in this case basic Garda vetting too).

Do watch the dates though, if you don't submit what's requested by the date/time specified you're deemed to have withdrawn and you're off the panel.

Advertisement