Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sprinter reverse light

• 21-08-2024 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Does anyone have any idea how to diagnose a Sprinter reverse light problem. The left side works fine and swapping the bulbs shows that the bulbs are not the problem. There doesn't appear to be any fuse location for the reversing lights (I have the fuse box diagrams but no mention).

Anyone any ideas!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭JamBur

A multimeter would make short work of that. Either a bad contact in the fixture, or a bad wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭harderthanf

I have a couple of those. Hard to do though when I need the reverse in gear. Or maybe there is an easier trick!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭JamBur

Do the reverse lights not stay on when the ignition is on but engine not running? Check to see you have 12V at the fixture.

Contacts in the fixture might need a bit of a bend or clean to make contact with the bulb. Also check to see if the wires havent been frayed, or come loose at the back. It will be something stupid like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Are you sure it's two reverse lamps fitted, and not one reverse and one rear fog?

Advertisement