Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: "I'm down in the hood, I'm on tik-tok" sez Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The English anthem got roundly booed at Aviva Lansdowne Road before the start of the Ireland v England match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,630 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could have been the Liverpool supporters amongst the English fans 😂.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,322 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ah, so maybe that's what Joe is doing in Glasnevin every weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭Tow

Joe's favourite diabetes medicine in the news 'yet again'. If he ever gets off his current hobby horse...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Too late to reverse Joe's ageing. All that coddle and Beaujolais has taken its toll on the Earl of Dollymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,270 ✭✭✭✭zell12

everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today:

Joe's wànkfest continues

AVOID.

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Command Chair: Just Joe, self proclaimed lad of more intelligence than a Wolfe Tone fan.

Possible Topics:

• Corporal Abuse: Irish under 50 did not received Corporal Punishment, says Joe. Screaming and Crying.
    • Special schools: Horriffic * 2 sexual abuse and violence.

Banned Topics:

• Macrones for de friends of Montrose
    • Welfare raided to fund RTE Digout
    • Wolfe Tone vs Montrose
    • Kneecap de Kneecapping picture
    • State of Hospitals
    • De Missing Ducks of St. Stephen's Green
    • De Unwell
    • De Undocumented
    • RVM Machine Tax
    • Inflation
    • Lack of Doctors
    • Lack of Dentists
    • Lack of Gaffs
    • Lack of punishment for Crime/Goal Accommodation

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

The thuggish arrogance shown by Kyle at the Steve Dymond inquest was Duffyesque alright.

Hopefully, Warfield's barrister will tear Duffoon a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Its actually ironic that Jeremy Kyle is testifying at the inquest at the same time that Joe is on this hobby horse. Two sides of the same coin. Encouraging people on to the radio to open up about what they have endured, offered zero therapy or support, come 3pm, it's hang up and home time for Joe. The level of irresponsibility is galling.

I will be writing to Kevin Backhurst pointing this out. Aside from the fact the topic is not appropriate for a day time radio programme, Joe is not qualified or trained to encourage callers to open up about their darkest times, and they should not be encouraged to do so without appropriate support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

After being inspired by world records being broken in the Olympics, Joe has decided he is going to try and break his own Versatis record and will try spend 15 days in a row talking about the bad, bad, bad, bad b@stard priests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Fair City advertising TV on the radio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Stuff on news about high/max point students missing out on courses etc

Dats de kind of stuff we want on de Lahvlahn ! Especially if we get an over-entitled oul wan on to turn der chisler scarlett !

Prize for innovation of Graveyards or rain garden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

let's see what this gobsh1te decides to talk about today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,973 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

An avalanche of calls, texts, letters, pigeon post, flugelhorn and clacks.

Yeah, sure Joe.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Avalanche of calls about physical abuse.

A yes, the teacher who threw me cross the classroom into a wall is currently in charge of a place of education in the UK....

• Advertisement
    M

What in the jaysus will these calls actually achieve?

Oh that old game we used to play as kids - pretending to be in a concentration camp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Is he doing this again?????

fcucks sake!

Sounds like he's trying to justify carrying on with ths sh1te. "An enormous response" -yeah right

He may as well start talking about what The Nazis did - that's just as eelevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Another week, another listener lost.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭mountain

I’m conscious of younger listeners in particular,

Describe the leather,

he’s a p rick

• Advertisement

Post edited by Tow on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I remember my dad half thinking of sending my brother to the Christian Brothers for secondary school in the late 70s. My mother said over her dead body and that was the end of that.
    I can’t understand that none of the parents complained when their kids were beaten senseless.

As a member of an older generation, I was subjected to corporal punishment at school.

All it did was make me despise the dispensers of it and I would, to this day, cheerfully watch as they died in a house fire.

However, nothing of mine compares to the experience endured by some callers, pupils of CB schools.

M

Joe neeeds proper details as to the level of the pain, was it like sciatica, choyled birth or a just like a modest toothache.

M

Can I ask did all teachers use the corporal punishment or was it open to them as to whether they went down the line of instead say giving the student detention, ban from PE, write 25 pages of punishment etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Caller sounded a bit confused when Joe told him to "tell the truth" after giving an already graphic description of his experience.

The Principal in our primary school, a woman, used to dish out the beatings if you were acting the b0l0x. A few slaps on the hand with a stick and a knuckle to the side of the head. For some reason me and my friends weren't too bothered by it and didn't hold any grudge against the woman. Our punishments were obviously at the lower end of the scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,072 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they had all weekend to line up some traumatic caller, and this is the best they have from the 'avalanche of calls and texts'

The disappointment in Joe's voice when it turned out the callers brother was still alive.

Oh good he says through gritted teeth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Something definitely happened to Joe when he was at school as he's overly obsessed with this,

Would he not just spill the beans so we could get some closure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭shearforce

Joe thinking to himself..

"come on ta fcuk, surely we can get worse than this"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

What is the purpose of all of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭mountain

there’s a f ucking pair of them in the misery at the moment

The Scottish primary and secondary schools I was at, the belt was the immediate remedy, and punishment was meted out by the amount of strokes across the hands. Almost every teacher used it, there were some exceptions though. The ones who didn't use it had the knack of teaching without punishment - they weren't soft touches at all, as some said.

At an English school, corporal punishment took the form of the cane across the arse and only the headmaster could administer it. General punishment was lines and detention. I can't honestly say I recall more than one or two pupils in my year got caned, plenty of us got lines and detention.

I'd say discipline and general conduct was much better in the English grammar school. Hell, I even volunteered for extra stuff at that school, I enjoyed being there so much.

I'm out.

The state should set up a helpline manned by qualified counsellors for the victims so they don't have to ring Liveline.

• Advertisement
    M

"Zero, zero, zero, zero, zero."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,072 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Jim is just lonely and looking for a chat, and very jealous of his brother.

Next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭avfc1874

For Joe's pleasure,

To pretend that he's empathetic to these stories but really he's just patronizing the callers, while he ticks off another group of people to vote him into the presidents Job

Depends of the teacher. We had a few who would rule by sarcasm, this would be worse than getting a whack. Another teacher could not control a class and would lash out 'Penalties', which could range of from writing out lines, pages of books or detentions. Depending on his mood. Some others gave a whack or dig, this was the easiest as it would hurt, put would be over and done with. If you got into trouble with the headmaster where were two different sizes of leather strap to whack you on the palm of your hand.

M

In modrin day they should bring something in like the property tax annual variation where the teachers salary can be risen by 15% a year from their base salary if the pupils give the majority vote that they thought their teacher was an all round good egg so to speak.

M

He hasn't had any caller yet who was a wheelchair user that got a beating from a teacher, that would be the equavalent to him of getting the Honda NSX in Top Trumps.

Joe is getting very animated and doing all the talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Did de lad ever go mitchin again ?

M

Did Joe ever go on the mitch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,676 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Tbh I was a bit jaded from hearing all the horror, but I think this particular caller is good at articulating how horrible it was.

Advertisement