Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: "I'm down in the hood, I'm on tik-tok" sez Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭chrisd2019

I tuned off of him 2 weeks ago, from here I can see I made a wise decision, listening to online podcasts as I drive about after lunch much more enjoyable..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭Tow

I am sure the Goal increased by 500 after he finished talking to de bold Joe.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Joe will be standing in the front window of Rte tomorrow with a dunce hat on him.

Mr. Lee must have over taken Marian for the highest paid per hour of broadcasting.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Expunge

And the fella responsible for the crap that is the RTE Player, Richard Waghorn, taking the highest basic salary from that list of directors!

What a company!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,271 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

100%. Ireland back then was a deeply dysfunctional society - the whole Magdalene Laundries thing could only have happened in the context of the entire country being messed up in the head (alongside society being repressed by the Church and the State). Everyone knew about the laundries and the industrial schools and had a fair idea of what was going on in them, it wasn't even a secret.

This is what it costs per licence fee to run each service of RTE. The only things that came down in price compared to the previous year were Radio One and "Online Services". I wonder whoy?

Comisiun na Mean is becoming quite the well funded quango. I wonder does it take central government funding as well as licence fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭squonk

Might be one for a college thesis but a lot of this general screwed up news happened within the lifetime of those who had lived through the war of independence and civil war. I’d imagine a lot happened and was buried with that alone. Add to that the church stepping in as the local lords after independence and imposing a whole bunch of screwed up an inhumane rules on the population probably led to even more of a mess. After a whole decade of fighting and huge change and now finding themselves living in a new state that had to be built from the ground up you could see why people just couldn’t fight back against the church. You have to stop at some point. The other night problem is a newly minted state was short on resources and couldn’t be all things to all people. The church were happy to take on roles in education and health and were let. It’s also unfortunate that many politicians were happy to tip the hat to the church.

What’s happening now is kind of a second revolution where we’ve found our confidence as a nation and are able to look back and call out what was wrong in the past. That being said, a show like Liveline covering stuff the English did to us back in the 60s would have been pointless. 3 weeks of what the church and bad teachers did to us is also pointless. Just as the UK was being run by people in the 60s who had little or no part played in pre independence Ireland, today teaching and schools have moved on. The country as a whole is complicit in things that happened but going on about it over and over is like blaming someone who suffers from mental health issues for hitting you a few years ago during an episode. Pointless as what only Ray matters is whether they have improved there breath and are in a better state today. That’s us as a nation. We’re stronger going forward.

• Advertisement

Just after hearing an ad for LiveLine now with a bed of soft violin music with some one talking about showing her grandson the scars she got at school due to some teacher.

So basically, instead of putting the foot down and forcing Duffoon to move on, the fúckers are leaning into it. I actually think Duffoon has the backing of RTE with this 3 weeks of utter scutter radio.

Everyone and no-one is in charge in that cursed place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

^^^ thanks for heads up squonk.

Personally the only rte service now I'll use is Lyric FM..

Igoing out. It's sunny today 'm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Again????

Fcuck right off, Joe and everyone associated with this

Joe just said: "And by the way, his mother just died"

I’m out again today based on that promo. I’m saying it now, we’ll go to week 4 on this.

Look, if this was all so bad, why have lots of teachers and dx teachers not had the crap beaten out of them by disgruntled ex students. I’m just saying.

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Just Joe, self proclaimed lad of more intelligence than a Wolfe Tone fan and RTE Number One Man.

Possible Topics:

• Powerful Calls: 50s, 60s, 70s (but not de 80s.)
    • Mahogany Box for Leathers: 7 and 8 year olds called up.
    • Braces: Smashed de braces into his gums.
    • Laboratory of Sadism: Description of a lad's school.
    • Roll of de dice: Double 66 = 12 of de cane.

Banned Topics:

• Macrones for de friends of Montrose
    • Welfare raided to fund RTE Digout
    • Wolfe Tone vs Montrose
    • Kneecap de Kneecapping picture
    • State of Hospitals
    • De Missing Ducks of St. Stephen's Green
    • De Unwell
    • De Undocumented
    • RVM Machine Tax
    • Inflation
    • Lack of Doctors
    • Lack of Dentists
    • Lack of Gaffs
    • Lack of punishment for Crime/Goal Accommodation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There's been loads of worthy topics in the past few weeks that Joe could have discussed, but he's ignored them all and continued with his tunnel vision of/on abuse. The studio could be burning down all around him and he'd still carry on about children getting battered, bad priests, brothers, nuns...

I think Joe knows his days are numbered on Liveline. I don't think he's going to get a contract renewal, so he's doing what he wants for the remainder of it. And I think all this coverage by Joe is with the aim of a book on the matter when he leaves.

I wonder what the title will be. Something with "Children" in it anyway. Children of the Church? Children of Ireland? Young People Children of Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Children Of The Three Week Piss-Take

Children of Ireland

The untold story of the Children abused at school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It's honestly unbelievable that Joe can blatantly get away with using his state funded programme to research his next book.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,631 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Likely the number of actors voicing today's show will be increased, perhaps a special effects budget added to create the sounds of pain so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,973 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

A pair of corks being twisted together to mimic the thumbscrews.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

'De Battered Childrin'

'De Childrin in Batter'

'De Battered Childrin with Chips'

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There's a theory though that Ireland was heading in the direction of being a screwed up psychological basket case in the 20th century, even if it hadn't achieved independence. Look at how dysfunctional Northern Ireland has been for the last 100 years and that was under direct UK rule. Perhaps the madness / evil of the laundries and industrial schools and oppression by the Church was always going to happen, even if the Brits hadn't left.

The new Ireland is a much better place anyway. Incidentally, one of the main reasons the country hasn't lurched to the right in recent years may probably be that the Irish public associates right wing politics in their minds' eye with that authoritarian, repressive era by Church and State.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭mountain

the black and blue children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I reckon last week Joe overheard one of the researchers talk say I've a list of new topics that probably won't be used, and spiteful Joe went all vindictive and thought I'll show them who's boss.

I'd love to know what the staff think of Duffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

“Look at how dysfunctional Northern Ireland has been for the last 100 years and that was under direct UK rule”

You can hardly ascribe the continuance anti-Irish, anti-Catholic British oppression to Irish people.

It existed because of UK rule despite what official Britain may want to claim.

“The new Ireland is a much better place anyway.”

I think by and large you are right, however, I note that in years to come, will we here about Gypsy babies/children being abused to beg by organised criminals, traveller women domestically abused and serious crimes deliberately being kept out of the news by the media, all along with a justice system which allows the perpetrators to torment the victim - all incentivised by the state, all known by society and just like school/clerical abuse, no one saying anything.

Similar to the cover up of atrocities like Dublin and Monaghan bombings, everyone knows, government blame the victims, media play along

I’d be lying if this did not cross my mind.

People have done worse for less.

• Advertisement
    M

What colour was the hairband?

Wow !

How did you survive ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,973 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe spluttering over the pain…

Sick, twisted fecker.

I'm off.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

3 missing teeth on a cheap plastic hair clips!

Were they embedded into your skul for years?

She hadn't had her hair done in 40 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Could you feel the lump?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

dey do be batterin' the kids and all

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

I'll get to that in a minute.

15 minutes later.........

Must be nice to just knock into a GP on your way

Possible subject dere for you Joe

• Advertisement

This wan is too cheerful for Joe.

Them were de days. What's more, they would call in to your house if your were unwell.

M

An eye for an eye, may he without sin cast de first stone.

Olive: "I still can't say the Angelus."

Bong! Bong! Bong!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭shearforce

it's a wonder alcoholism isn't even more widespread.

• Advertisement

She can still see de stick and wonders what happened to it. Yet, a few seconds earlier they would hide the sticks and they would break, so de master would have them out to cut new sticks for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

de foreign body

https://www.orourkeda.blog

Joe: "You've got a foreign body in your head."

Joe's brain is a foreign body. 🧠

Teacher probably called dis lad 'Metal Mouth', and gave him a thump

M

Cyborgs childers is a new piece of ground not yet covered to be fair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement