Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Old thread full

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭mountain

Twas very strange, Duffy was overly engaged with it, probably telling himself that it was

Public Service Broadcasting at it’s finest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tomorrow he could do requests to see what tune was number 1 when a callers spouse died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭squonk

Might be a soft launch for a new Monday feature where Joe highlights the works of great bands like the Dead Kennedys and Napalm Death

Joe, I know you read this thread. We give you a lot of shíte here but now it’s time to give something back for your tireless service as a public service broadcaster. This YouTube channel’s for you mate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭Jeff2

He asked a person at a protest with tractors if he would start it and rev it live on Liveline.

@Toy I remember that and I don't think the person even answers the question.

You know our Joe comes from a farming background.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 balanced24

Mondays show annoyed me, I saw a girl on X who is homeless needing at home dialysis and reached out to Liveline and they just ignored her. Yet they have some fella humming a tune he heard 20 years ago to see if anyone knew it? Great use of the licence fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,205 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I have figured out the agenda against Emerald Park. Joe went one day to see how it was but asked to go in the fast track queue as he injured his leg some time back. They asked for his doctors note but he didn't have one. He tried the tried and true "Don't you know who I am?", but the 19 year old roller coaster attendant didn't know who he was.

That’s just the thing though. A 19yr old at Emerald Park is paid just enough to let punters in. None of them or an extremely small few I’d imagine have ever seen the inside of a medical consultant’s office. A letter from a consultant saying X, Y or Z is meaningless. Let’s now say that said 19 yr old is au fait with consultants. It’s still the same as shoving a fake ID in someone’s face. You can easily fabricate one of these. How do I know as an assistant at Emerald Park that the letter being thrust at me from Mr. Donnelly saying the bearer has any number of ailments is genuine. I can probably ring the consultant but that’s not practical.

I can only imagine the right way to do this is to contact the park prior to your visit and make arrangements. Maybe you’d blue badge might work as they are difficult to get unless you have a certified disability. Failing that I’d assume a card of proof of membership of a registered body like Cystic Fibrosis Ireland or National Council For The Blind would work. Look, why are you bringing a bunch of kids to an amusement park with you and your equally disabled buddy without able bodied assistance? What do you expect is going to happen? Who minds the kids since you can just about mind yourself. It’ll certainly be Emerald Park’s fault if something unforeseen happens. Who’d want that?

I have a disability myself. Yes there can be discrimination but sometimes too you have to remember you have a disability and there’s no point biting if nite than you can chew and expecting the wheels to make allowances for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Tow

A better question is should those with certain disabilities be allowed on some rides, even if with a fully able bodied adult.

I have been stuck up on top of one of one of rides and had to go down a narrow sloped walkway with a hand rail on only one side, to get out. It is not really a big deal for an abled bodied person with older kids in tow. Although I could see some whackers looking for de trauma Compo. However, I would not like to be in charge of a disabled child/re or if you were not fully abled yourself. These situations are also not fair on the staff, who are only young.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

*press intercom button* Man wanting to go on the rollercoaster does not know who he is. Repeat man who does not know who he is. If anyone has lost a large man, contact reception

Im assuming this requirement for a note from a doctor came about because there were people taking the piss out of the 19 year old attendant.

"Please can I go in the fast track queue, Im pregnant, and my son is autistic, and I'm my childs carer so I shouldnt have to pay because carers go free, etc etc".

Then you have signs up everywhere saying "This ride is not suitable for people with physical disabilities" and people are trying to bring their one armed, one legged auntie Mary, and then asking for a refund because she wasn't able to properly enjoy it.

Ride attendant: "Ah jaysus, not another one! Thats the third one today!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

todays show, full of shite. We are going to wimmums tales of all things wrong with pregnancy for the whole show aren't we. each more disgusting than the last

Anotger shíte show incoming by the sounds of it. Thankfully he’s not covering the Oasis reunion but he might, so he can have a duff at hoteliers again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 balanced24

Sorry but Ms Jane Doe has x condition from a consultant is sufficient, even Ryanair accepts it. Train staff on Equal Status Act definition of disability which is broad and don’t make people with disabilities “prove” their disability which sometimes can be the result of a traumatic event. Emerald Park completely in the wrong here

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Command Chair: Just Joe, self proclaimed lad of more intelligence than a Wolfe Tone fan.
    • Guest Chairs: Empty.

Possible Topics:

• Joe is a great lad altogether.
    • Stuff de Researchers found on social media.
    • Dublin Airport - Arrivals - Taxi signs dat "Cash is King" intimidation of foreign travelers
    • Asling Bea: Who dat? Gave Birth - Did not know the side effects. Gives 1 Star.
    • Marriage: Massey Ferguson TE20 for 60th birthday. From Yesterday.

Banned Topics:

• Macrones for de friends of Montrose
    • Welfare raided to fund RTE Digout
    • Wolfe Tone vs Montrose
    • Kneecap de Kneecapping picture
    • State of Hospitals
    • De Missing Ducks of St. Stephen's Green
    • De Unwell
    • De Undocumented
    • RVM Machine Tax
    • Inflation
    • Lack of Doctors
    • Lack of Dentists
    • Lack of Gaffs
    • Lack of punishment for Crime/Goal Accommodation

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

We only got half of the story. So I would reserve judgement on claiming Emerald Park is completely in the wrong. I have had enough dealings with the public to see it going multiple ways.

Liveline caller in only telling half the story and not being probed for the rest shocker

He arrived up with just his 'Blue Parking Badge', not a consultants letter.

• Advertisement
    M

Surprised he's not doing a Ukraine re-visit, the Russians seem to be actually making an effort the last couple of days.

eh, line one 'tell us how it makes you feeeeel mari-Aah in song if you wish'

Mariah Carey announces death of mother and sister on same day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,964 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Not Fit For Purpose.

Sooner the show hits the bin or fresh blood is brought in, the better.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Must have had those printed bags in his cupboard for decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Olga is in turkey now. Joe wud prob not notice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Jesus

GET TO DE POINT !!!!

did anyone talk to Geraldine in advance of putting her on air ?

I taught the miracle was she was cured. Not that she would pay.

Cue taxi drivers on Line Two.

Marion used to often cover this topic. Does he take tea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

joes definitely not invisible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭mountain

check people!
    he f ucking loves the word “check”!

M

Maybe Joe was refused a double helping of strawberry sauce for his 99 that he has Emriddled Park in his sights.

F Bomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭shearforce

in fairness I would welcome taxi drivers not talking to me at all. Every cloud has a silver lining is the way she should view it. A perk if you will

M

I'm a key wurker = Modrin 'do you know who I am'.

Is it only people with a "difference" that go to Emerald Park?

dog alert

M

It's like someone trying to get in to America with their Sea Scouts membership card and then calling Joe when refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

'It's not about the money' = It's always about the money.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Derek must be the new Karen.

she talks a lot, she get's a lot in there

My local cinema wouldnt let me in with my leap card. Who do I ring?

'I want to speak to the manager'

"Can I speak to the manager ?"

📣

• Advertisement

I’m only listening fur 45 seconds but I already want to tell this cawlur to fúck off!

is this just free advertising for Emerald park as the season winds down. Get's it into peoples heads

M

And along came de 'manageress'…olden days people still use the 'manageress' term 🤣

I think the only one with special needs here is the cawlur so to speak

So embarrasing…..so humiliating

So I decided to come on de national airwaves

• Advertisement
Advertisement