Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hay shed painting

• 21-08-2024 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

got a quote of €3200 to paint 5 span barrel hayshed which has a lean-to off 3 of the spans.

includes - painting doors of lean-to and shed is almost sheeted to ground on one gable.

- washing, primer coat and 2 coats synthetic paint

- replacing 2 lengths aluminium gutter on one side of shed up at the barrel of the shed and sealing all joins on gutter down the 5 spans at the other non lean-to side.

Would this be the going rates?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Tileman

sounds dear from what I paid last year but at the same time if it’s done correct it’s ok. Mine is starting to peel already on some of the old sheets.
    most of them never put primer on it. So make sure he does if your paying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

First of all make sure you get a copy of their insurance before you let them in the gate. If they dont have it run them. You should also look for safety statements and methods statements.

Regarding the cost I would guess the price is OK. I am guess it will take 3 lads the most of a day to wash down the shed and repair the gutters and it will take another day and a bit to properly prime and paint the sheds, when you included materials, safety equipment and wages for 3 lads for 3 days it's not to bad.

Advertisement