Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky confirms retiring SD boxes from October

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just got on to them to upgrade to Sky Q - they wanted €150.00 installation charge.

Told them where to go with that.

You can upgrade to Sky Q at no extra cost. 

Upgrade online

or call 

0818 500 068

- we'd advise doing this as soon as possible to avoid long wait times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

I wonder did you say upgrading from an SD box to Sky Q?? I have a Sky HD box and I am inundated with offers to upgrade to sky Q foc. I want to upgrade to a newer SKY HD box and when trying to pair card I am pushed to sky q.

You may have got a sharp CS rep, saw money sign.

You could get a second hd box and then upgrade.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It is the HD box - I reckin you could be right - agent saw dollar signs and tried it on.

Anyway I got on to the loyalty team and am waiting for a call back about it - I dont mind changing to Q but this is their doing not mine - my box is working fine and Id as easily stay as I am if I wasnt being pushed into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

The HD box will still work, is it causing problems? And you can still get them secondhand.

Advertisement