Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atlas Autoservise & Tyres Finglas

• 22-08-2024 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1

Visiting third time in Atlas Tyres Finglas. Service is good, but expensive.

Dropped car with a flat tyre yesterday morning, came back to collect the car and they changed the tyre to a new one (Aptany RP203 195/65 R15) and charged me 90€. It's a summer tyre and I told I was planning to get all season tyres whenever I'm changing and they said they don't have them. I found that brand/model selling for around 60€ in other shops. Maybe online vs shop price. Not sure. Whatever. They didn't even ring me and asked about Changing the tyre. Ofcourse the tyres were not perfect, but they were OK on the road. When I asked, I was told, they were too busy in the shop to call & inform me. But it's my car, my tyres and I'd to pay for the new tyre. And he just made me pay that because they were busy?

Felt like, not giving any value to customers.

You guys can't do that to customers. Doing what need to be done / doing with the products you have in stock, without asking customers.

Also during the second visit to change the brake pads, they rang me (thank God they were not busy that day) and told me I need new discs as well. And gave me a long suggestion lists, saying all this need to be done. Took appointment in another garage and did a normal service, which was less money and asked them about all those suggestions and they said all of them are good for now.

My experience might be random, but sharing it here if it helps someone. Next time you visit Atlas Finglas, please tell them to confirm with you about the works, even if they are busy. That's the right thing to do.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They should always car to approve work. Fitting a random tyre is a no go really without approval.

As for the list of service items, no surprise there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭GPoint

this practise should be banned , think in US it’s illegal to fit different tyres on one axle?

One could argue that same characteristics and labels on different brand make it an equal replacement but it’s always best to source a same brand at least and tread wear difference should be minimal too.

Not here though, even main dealers sell cars with random tyres every corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭freddieot

In fairness, you keep going back to them, 3 visits. That's the problem.

Advertisement