Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing Washer/dryer into bathroom

• 22-08-2024 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Currently, my washing machine is in my kitchen and is connected/plumbed to the sink.

I’m doing a renovation of my apartment, and was looking into creating a small room just for washer/dryer.

This room will be away from the kitchen, but right next to the bathroom, and the current “utility room” that contains the water tank and storage heater, along with the majority of plumbing running through the apartment.

My thought is that I could split the current “utility room” in two, giving me a dedicated space for the water tank/storage heater, and a dedicated room for washer/dryer.

So my question is - is it possible to somehow connect the washer/dryer unit to pimping in this new room, given how far away from the kitchen it is?

I’ve included a quick diagram showing the location of everything - the circle highlights where the sink/toliet/shower is in the bathroom, along with the water tank/storage heater/water pump/etc is located

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi. It's all dependent on the discharge flow from the washing machine really. You need to feed it into the existing waste plumbing with sufficient fall on the horizontal pipe to take the water away without pooling in the pipe. If the unit can be piped into the waste pipe from the sink in the bathroom rather than the kitchen, then that's your best option here.

Advertisement