Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Booking a Driving Test

• 22-08-2024 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anyone advise me about booking a driving test please, as l can't find an answer on the RSA website. My daughter had the mandatory 12 driving lessons ( never sat in a car before ) . Unfortunately, unexpected financial issues arose soon after, which meant she couldn't continue with any more lessons, and theres no car at home for her to practice on. She has just announced that she got an email to say she is going to be invited to book her test next week! Now, the thing is, she is still a novice and in no way ready to even sit the test, let alone pass it! I heard you only get to amend your test date three times, but im wondering is there a way you can put back this "invitation to book", so that she doesn't have to pick her test date for another 6 months or so?

I'm sure its very rare for someone to be so unprepared for a test, but without access to a car, she needs at least another 20 lessons id say before she'd be any ways ready!

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭User1998

My test was a few years ago but aren’t the wait times like 9 months now? So even if she books it now she’ll have months to prepare?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kobe

I passed recently, the first time I booked the test I postponed it twice, I think you have to postpone it at least 10 days before the test day or you'll lose your queue or something, you can postpone twice only though but I doubt you can postpone it to 6 months later, I think I bought myself around 3 months before I had to do the test. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

You don’t have to book it just because you got an invitation. Once the 10 days of the invitation have passed, you can get back on to the waiting list and will only be waiting 2 - 4 weeks.

Tell her to ignore the invitation and only go back onto it when she is feeling more ready for it, she won’t have to wait too long.

Advertisement