Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old PSU compatibility with 4070 super ti

• 22-08-2024 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking to upgrade my GPU from a 2070 super to a ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER. What is troubling me (besides the cost) is powering the unit. Up until now i have gotten away with supplied adapters. I am a little worried about these newer cards and compatibility with my current PSU.

My build is currently https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pm6J6D with the exception of the GPU (2070 super), the PSU is quite old but has been rock solid, it is a Super-Flower SF800P14XE Golden Green 80 plus gold Modular from more than 10 years ago, all the new PSU's seem to have an 8 x 2 pin but mine is a 3 x 3, will I be able to use that at all? or am I looking at upgrading PSU first?

Thanks

Post edited by Encrypted Pigeon on

Best Answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not sure what cables you are thinking of, but from looking at your model it would require you to use the fixed PCIe 6+2 and two additional modular 6+2 cables in order to connect to the GPU's 3x 8-pin PCIe to 1x 12+4 VHPWR adapter.

If you can't find both of the 6+2 cables you'll need to buy a new PSU.

Answers

Advertisement