Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**EIR Overcharged me for months now.

• 22-08-2024 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction encountered since switching to Eir for our broadband and mobile services. My wife and I were approached at our front door by a female agent from Eir August 2023, who offered us a 24-month broadband package for €39.99 per month, along with two mobile accounts at €9.99 each. We were assured by the female agent that Eir would help waive any cancellation fees from our current provider. Based on the female agent assurances, we proceeded to cancel our previous broadband service just before our Eir account started, incurring a cancellation fee. When we raised this issue with the female agent, she apologized for what she called a "misunderstanding" and her manager agreed to provide us with three months of free service as a gesture of goodwill.
    However, we have not received the promised three months of free service, and our first bill, as well as subsequent bills, have been significantly higher than anticipated. Instead of the expected total charge of around €60, we have been charged over €70 and over €80+. Furthermore, we have noticed that the bill descriptions mention "TV," which was never part of the original offer.
    I would like to request your immediate assistance in resolving these issues. We have been loyal Eir customers and we expect to be treated fairly and honestly. Please provide us with immediate crediting of the excess charges. Additionally, we would like to know why the TV service was added to our account without our consent.

Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

This is the wrong forum to be posting this Eir have no presence on Boards anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭stephenmario

Bought 2 thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Have you got a referral code OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭xpletiv

You bought eir. That's the problem.. Literally one of the worst companies in all of Ireland to do business with. The only way they get business is conning the ignorant, foreigners or students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭beachhead

Agreeing on a doorstep is never a good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Kiwi John

The only way to deal with eir is to go through comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭paska

Contact Comreg. They will tell you how to handle it. You will need to give EIR 14 days, I think to respond. As soon as you put the comreg case number in the email, they will smarten up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

never buy off doorstep sales people. they will tell you all kinds of lies to get you to sign up, knowing full well they wont have it in writing, nor will it be their issue if you go look to enforce the terms they misled you about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,932 ✭✭✭Soarer

How could Eir waive any fees from your current provider? They've nothing to do with them.

Daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,932 ✭✭✭Soarer

BTW, I'm with Eir for the last 4-5 years, and have found them excellent.

They were atrocious years ago, but have found them spot on in more recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Best bargain alert ever……………… I want 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DavidJC

Sir. This is a drive through Wendy's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 FriendlyContributor

I shouuld have said they promised to cover the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

Thats the problem with boards these days, people always hogging them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,934 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm into my third year with Eir and have found them excellent and after the first year expired it's the first

time I didn't move to another provider, their offer was too good to refuse and the same again this time

round after telling them I wanted to cancel

I had a few months left on my vodafone contract at the time which they agreed to buy out as there

was no point changing otherwise

I don't recall the exact amount they paid (as credit) but I think I got most of the first year of broadband for free (could find out but it was a little over 200, max they would pay was 250 at the time)

On the second year I added the fone alone with prime/eir tv both for a tenner a month (cancelled prime, still have the fone)

I have found them excellent overall, definitely not the same company of 5+ years ago in my opinion

I signed up on the doorstep also, local lad who delivered on all promises and gave me his mobile if there

was any issues so really he would have gotten some backlash in town given how many he got signed up.

He was getting 50 for every household also, made a nice few quid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Closed as not a bargain alert.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement