Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF Waterford convention

• 22-08-2024 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

35 Wyse
    135 Butler

FF Waterford convention vote

Bad result for Wyse . Butler gets the FF Waterford nomination

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Floating voter here…

Always great to see someone do well who trolls the victims of pedophiles on Facebook and then pretends their account was hacked. A great day for democracy.

But, to be fair at least she delivered this sweet poster and nothing else of consequence. By co-incidence I was in the hospital an hour ago. If it was there for cardiac care I would be on a mortuary slab or breathing my last somewhere near youghal bridge right about now. Not that any of the other TD's did any better - but I dont recall any of them - well almost any of them - having the gall to do an utterly stupid photo op like this….

I dont know that Wyse would be an upgrade. It's a sort of Schrödinger's cat type situation. He might be useless too, or not. But at least there is the possibility that he might not be an odious layabout and overall embarrassment to the county. No such doubt with Butler. FF could really afford to be braver here and take the risk in Waterford, Butler will never rise to high office and is riding on the FF nomination rather than her own name. It's not like she will take voters outside of a 5 mile radius of her base with her if she went independent. She would be wiped out. It's Waterford so FF have one seat guaranteed no matter what and no matter who. You could literally take anyone off the street and put them on an FF poster and if they are the only nominee they will get in. Butler is living proof of it. It's going nowhere, it's time to at least try for change. Butler should take the pension and run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

I’m no real fan of FF or Mary Butler in particular but you opening sentence is out of order….😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…and many more ffg governments to come, happy days….

Advertisement