Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight cancelled - refund query

• 23-08-2024 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We were traveling via Lufthansa (booked through MyTrip) from Dublin Airport, and our entire (return ticket) journey was canceled by Lufthansa due to climate activists sitting on the runway of Frankfurt Airport.

I received a refund of approximately 60%. The travel agency told me not to worry and that the remaining refund will be issued once the return journey (which is on a future date) has taken place. Is this true?

I am worried as the refund process on the MyTrip website is marked as "Completed".

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

Flew last Christmas from London to home. Ryanair cancelled the flight so had to by a new one for 500ish. It was the week before Christmas.

Ryanair told me I could only have the refund on the original flight which was around 80 quid.

Raised a case with the small claims court.

Within a month got a full refund on the new flight, taxi + train + fee for the claim.

Highly recommend.

Probably took less the 20 mins to fill out the online form and upload receipts.

They haven't a leg to stand on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

That sounds amazing.

Lufthansa airlines is based in Germany. Would small claims court still valid in this case as they are outside of Ireland?

And did you get original cost of €80 + new tickets €500, so total €580?

In my case, the new tickets (bought at Dublin airport) were cheaper as we downgraded to Economy class compared to the original Business class tickets.

Advertisement