Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot mower issue

• 23-08-2024 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have robot mower that has a 4 year guarantee.

It's currently in year 2 of the guarantee and back in May it needed a new screen and drive motor.

The seller has had major issues getting the spare parts as the mower company was bought out by black and decker and they were very slow getting set up with the Irish resellers.

Anyhoo, the dealer still has my mower 3 months later and is still waiting on parts but in the meantime I have been screwed, borrowing a mower to keep the lawns sorta tidy.

It's about half an acre of lawns and the mower was €2.5k so it's not a trivial amount.

The dealer now says he has sourced someone in Germany that has parts, but he wants me to pay for them (about 350 euro) so i can get the mower working again, and when he gets the parts from the manufacturer he'll keep them as spares for me.....

Shouldn't he just pay for them and repair my mower?

Or where do I stand on this?

Thanks!

Advertisement