Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

09 Honda Civic idle issue

• 23-08-2024 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Somi have a 2009 Honda Civic 2.2 diesel hatchback that has developed an idle issue.

When I come to a stop at traffic lights and take it out of gear the revs drop to about 600ish and sounds like it's about to stall out but after a second or two it revs back up to the around 800 which is normal.

At first it was only happening soon after start up but I have noticed it happening when the car is fully up to temperature.

Car has 270k km.

Plan on getting it looked at over the next few weeks but just wondering what it potentially could be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 colm reilly

fuel related ,id start with a new fuel filter

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lostinthefog

I believe the fuel filter was changed during service in January but thanks I will check into it for sure.

Advertisement