Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will It Blow Up?

• 23-08-2024 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭

Bought a " GoSystem " Blow Torch, today (GB2070H). Asked the lad which of several cannisters of gas I'd need? He told me the one he sold me: " GoSystem 2289 Butane Gas ". Cool.

Only, I've just sat down to notice the Torches box stipulates: " For use with GS 2175 or 2350 cartridges " And shows a photo of their " Butane Propane Mix " 😐️

I need to use the thing, this weekend. Can't get back to the shop, who I don't think keep that mix, anyway. I mean, alright; Bang goes the 3 Year Warranty. But, what about me? Don't want to end up being called " Stigura of the Stump ".

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

No it won't blow up but it won't get quite as hot on just butane. The mix burns a little hotter.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Stigura

🤗 Thank you, CO!!! Brilliant! I can get on with my job, now.

Makes sense then. If we can just accept the fact that I'm, clinically, as deaf as a rock? I only here snippets ~ if that! ~ of anything anyone Speaks to me, face to face? Well, I probably muttered to the guy that I was " Only looking to melt some plastic. "

Disposable lighter probably would have been as good. But, I've long wanted a Blow Torch in my shed, anyway 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Enjoy. The biggest use I put one to is cutting and sealing the ends on nylon and polypropylene rope. Having one with a piezo lighter built in makes it 100% more useful.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Stigura

Yeah! Lighters?! Tell me about it! 😮 Figured I'd need a fresh lighter. Asked, Specifically for a 'normal, Bic type.' Got this thing shaped like I don't know what. And, of course, it has a fierce looking little pin jet 'flame'! 🙄

Other torch, available? Marksman. €65? Five year warranty. I haven't got a Five Year warranty!!! Bet it had the Piezo though.

But, yeah. Lit it. Didn't blow up. My own party piece is to be melting cable ties and dripping then down a barely half inch gap, in a brass pipe. Without it touching anything, inside 🤨

Yeah. Thanks. I'll need it! 😂

Advertisement