Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York 5 night itinerary- Marathon week

• 24-08-2024 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Hello all

Looking some itinerary help! I’m doing New York marathon at the start of November. I land on Wednesday afternoon so I need some help planning things. I am staying at Westin Grand Central. I would like to see as many of the cheesy touristy things as I can but also taking into account I’ve a marathon to do on the Sunday so I can’t be too knackered for it!

Wednesday - land around 3pm - something to eat and explore around Times Square. 

Thursday - Marathon expo that morning. From there I was thinking of the boat cruise to Statue of Liberty. High Line, 9/11 tour 

Friday - Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, Dumbo in the afternoon and explore that general area. Basketball game that night.

Saturday - top of the rock, 5th Avenue, Joe’s pizza and lion king on broadway that night 

Sunday - marathon. I need good recommendations for drinks and dinner that night to celebrate.

Monday morning - unsure what to do 

Fly home at 5pm.

I have missed out loads, so hard to pick what to do without cramming too much in. I can’t work out where it would be best to fit Katz Deli in. Overwhelming 😂

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Id advise to get over to Williamsburg on Saturday and then take the ferry to Dumbo and then you can walk across the Brooklyn Bridge from there.

Market in Williamsburg is great too

https://www.smorgasburg.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

I ran the New York marathon before. A fantastic experience as you go through the 5 borough's especially when you come down off the bridge and the roar of the crowds. I would limit the walking around as much as possible the day before. The concrete in New York feels different under foot to what I was used to running here. I don't know what it was but it felt harder to run on. I nearly hit the wall when I got to central park. Enjoy the race OP. It's a memorable experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭chancer007

Try and take in an NFL game if their is any on in Metlife, very easy to get the train to the stadium. The Museum of modern art (moma) is well worth a visit, you'll spend at least 2-3 hours in it. Just walking around ground zero memorial & reading the Irish surnames is really worth doing. The Occulus building is right beside it. There is a free boat to Staten island. Lots of shops/restaurants on basement level in rockerfeller building. The flat Iron building is worth a look. You can also do a tour of the United Nations HQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'd do Top of the Rock earlier in the weekend. Bedlam on a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just FYI the Flat Iron is currently covered in scaffolding so not much to look at. The portal is right beside it though and worth taking a look before it's gone just for the novelty of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

I'd thoroughly recommend the Tenement museum

It's not very taxing on the legs, and really interesting. Think it was relatively cheap too, but I did it in 2019

https://www.tenement.org/

Advertisement