Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

With NSR - Dublin Pirate in the 1990s, Still Involved With Irish Radio

• 24-08-2024 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭

Between 1991 and 1993, there was a south Dublin pirate called NSR. A lot of presenters went through it during that period. It had mixed programming. But who from NSR is still around in Irish radio?

Here is what I have come up with.

Kevin Branigan (owner/operator), aka John J MacKenzie: CEO of Radio Nova

Barry Dunne : 98FM

Ralph McGarry - Freedom FM (online and temporary-licensed)

Al Gibbs - FM104

Daragh O'Sullivan, aka Stephen Davitt: One of the principals of annual temporary licensed Christmas FM (and online all year round)

Any more still around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Kevin Branigan is also CEO of Classic Hits through the company Bay Broadcasting Ltd. Mike Ormonde, one of the founders of NSR, is also a director of Bay Broadcasting. Bay Broadcasting also has a share in Sunshine 106.8.

It is a strange thing that NSR had many presenters, most of whom turned up on other pirates in the 1990s, but I could only find a relatively small number of connections with current Irish radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The final push….

I can't believe no-one has any other examples.

Advertisement