Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling on the Grand Canal.

• 25-08-2024 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, Hope I'm at the right place, I'm new to this. I am wondering if there are parts of the Grand canal suitable

for cycling say stretches of 15 - 20k on the Dublin side. I do cycle the Royal Canal a few times a year which i enjoy,

but would like to try the Grand for a change. Many Thanks. Dermot O.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭benneca1

Parts of GC thro city I will leave to others to recount their experience but my view lotta scangers till you clear the city so better to get train to at least Hazelehatch or Sallins. I am sure folk who live there are generally all are fine individuals so my term scanger to be interpreted as lads and lassies you would normally avoid in order to minimise differing interpretation of normal social behaviour . Hazelhatch to Sallins perfect. Sallins to leinster aqueduct fine. From here to Edenderry very mixed some gravel some grass but overall big tyres needed. Nice cycle though lotta nature etc.

Edenderry to Tullamore fine. Tullamore to shannon fine also. Ive cycled all of this and as I said only dodge bit is after Leinster aqueduct where in fairness big tyres will make life much more enjoyable but that said from Robertstown easy to pick up lotsa quiet roads to Edenderry if you want and from there fine till you hit Shannon Harbour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Jimbo789

Is Tarraun to Shannon Harbour fully complete?

Advertisement