Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit confused on moving from Samsung to new Samsung using Smart Switch on PC, when to switch SIM etc.

• 25-08-2024 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭

I have an old Samsung Flip phone and moving to the new Samsung Flip 6.

I took a backup of my old phone on PC using latest update to Smart Switch and want to use that rather than phone to phone as I had selected a few options in the backup that I want to transfer to the new phone.

All the guides I've seen seem to be based around phone to phone, and also skip the part where the SIM card is changed, and also whether or not I initially setup using the old phone, so I'm confused on the process.

This is what I'm doing so far:

• On the old phone (sim card still in it), run WhatsApp backup
    • On the old phone run Samsung Cloud backup
    • (not sure if I need to run any other backups on the old phone??? I've done the Smart Switch backup to PC as mentioned)

After all backups done are these steps correct?….

• Insert SIM card from old phone into new phone
    • Start new phone
    • Select "Setup from Android device" in order to transfer over the wifi and settings etc from the old phone
    • Sign into whatever Google accounts I need to when prompted
    • Agree to any relevant permissions

after this point, do I then connect the usb cable to the PC and do Smart Switch?

Do I need to restore Samsung Cloud or Google backup before or is this automatic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Anyway I'll try these steps and see.. I'm sure there will be some issue as a result of removing the SIM card too early or something

Actually just spotted Google Drive backup too… I'll do that as well on the old phone

Well that took a full week.. fml 🤣

The problem with having too many apps and too many connected devices you need to re-pair and setup identically to how they were before

Advertisement