Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In my 50s and thin on top.

• 25-08-2024 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi,

In my early 50s and conscious of my bald patch and greying hair.
    Last year even went to a consultant in Dublin and was quoted €15k for a hair transplant.

I could afford it but obviously it’s hard to justify that amount of money.

In fairness it wasn’t a hard sell and he said I can get it done right or go to Turkey and get it done cheap and look like a plucked chicken.

He also said it’s also an option to do other things like shave off the hair, grow a beard and even said other people don’t really care what anyone looks like. They’ve other things on their minds.

Maybe he’s right.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Personally I'd have better things to spend that kind of money in, but do what makes you happy.

Does anyone really care about grey hair anymore? Like your man said, maybe shave it off or grow a beard to begin with and aee how you feel, neither cost 15k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭csirl

Very few men of your age dont have a bald patch or grey hairs. Its normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Ted222

Your consultant is being a bit disingenuous to suggest that your options are either him or some butcher in Turkey.

He’s correct to suggest that you have other non-surgical options but I suspect he knows that if you’ve gone as far as to have a consultation, these aren’t really feasible options.

Much depends on your level of hair loss. If you’ve got to 50 before it’s an issue, your rate of loss is probably low and will just continue slowly.

I’d be interested to know how many grafts (as distinct from hairs) that would be transplanted for 15,000. I doubt you would need all that much. You could get a top, well established surgeon in say Belgium for about €6 a graft. That’s 2,500 grafts for 15,000.

You should do some homework on sites like hair transplant network.com. I think you’ll find that prices are more reasonable in mainland Europe and even further the further east you go (India turkey, Bulgaria. There are cowboys and chancers everywhere that aren’t limited to any particular countries.

A decision to address hair loss is very personal. Don’t think you have to accept the view of some who might say it’s just a waste of money. If it makes you feel more confident and better about yourself, then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

It's the ongoing medication I'd have most concern with, or am i misinformed that you'll be taking pills and applying lotion to keep gour transplanted locks?

Advertisement