If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marantz M-CR612: Streaming RTE Channels

• 26-08-2024 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

I am having a weird issue with the Marantz M-CR612 that I purchased from you a while back (great system paired with a set of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers). I am trying to steam the RTE Radio channels through the Internet Radio function. They were working a while back but have just stopped - nothing happens. I can stream any other channel I tried without issue. It uses TuneIn and I can stream the RTE channels fine using TuneIn on other devices (iPad, iPhone, etc).

RTE were on DAB but stopped that service a while back. Some of the ex-DAB stations are on Internet only now - specifically RTE Gold. However the other RTE stations (e.g. RTE Radio 1, RTE 2FM also do not work on the Internet Radio function).

I've contacted Marantz and followed their troubleshooting steps but no luck.

If you guys have any suggestions I'd be happy to try. Additionally if you have one of the units there please could you try tuning in RTE Radio 1 and RTE Gold via the Internet Radio function and let me know if it works or not.

Next stop RTE Tech support…

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi ShaneOC.

I'll get one of the Marantz 612's setup here at the store and see what happens.

I'll also see if our service team have any ideas. (They are not back to work until tomorrow as it is a bank holiday here in NI today).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Hi Kenny,

Another boardsie has been able to confirm that their M-CR612 can play the RTE Internet streams without any issue. I've done a full system reset, checked the firmware is up to date, deleted all the streams, deleted the iOS app and reinstalled, contacted Marantz support, unplugged the unit overnight…

Still no luck getting those stations to play.

Hopefully your service team can come up with some other idea.

Post edited by ShaneOC on

Hi ShaneOC.

Our service team are investigating this for me and hopefully have some info for me soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Hey ShaneOC.

Our service team have came back with the following:

"So the only thing I can see that may cause the issue is his location settings on his Marantz / HEOS account
    If he has the settings set to UK, the RTE channels won't work"

Give this a check and let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

That was a weird one - tried it on mobile hot spot and it worked fine. Got onto internet provider and they set up a second network on my modem - RTE worked perfectly. They could not see anything on the primary network that would block it, but I'm just happy it's working again. Thanks Kenny for your help.

• Advertisement

Hey ShaneOC.

That is a strange one but I'm glad that you are now back up and running again :)

Have a great weekend and if I can ever help in any way in future don't hesitate to drop me a post or message.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.