Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red face

• 27-08-2024 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭

First beer of the night = a Big red burning face. I don't drink that often but I've noticed this has been happening for a while now. Kind of embarrassing when I'm out but it usually goes away after about half an hour. I'm a beer drinker btw.

Anyone else get this? If so have ye any solution?

Post edited by irish_goat on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Xander10

Sounds like you are allergic to the ingredients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Maybe try a pint of cider next time out and see if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Yes this. Some people can even react to alcohol itself in the way you describe, though in that case it's not an allergic reaction, it's to do with metabolism.

It's more common in Asia than in Europe, supposedly because back when water was often dirty, people in Europe who couldn't drink wine or beer fell ill more often than the rest of the population - evolution in action, because in Asia they boiled water for tea, so didn't get as many water-borne diseases.

(Obviously I don't know if it's that, but it's worth considering.)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Closing this as the forum isn't here for medical discussions. Best advice would be to consult a medical professional if it keeps happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement