Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jaguar iPace

• 27-08-2024 9:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got a spin in 1 of them at the weekend from a lad who works for them, wow, what a great piece of kit. Very impressed with it, 440km range in a full charge, interior was class. He was telling me that they won't be making them anymore as they are going completely upmarket now with the newest models starting in 6 figures. Saying that, the model he had was around €90k brand new, yes it was a very nice car but the model is about 5 years old now and I don't think any car is worth that much.

Does anyone have an opinion on them? There seems to be a few of them around Clare because of their offices in Shannon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 I_eat_crayons

I'm very curious to get some real world opinions too…I've been thinking about converting to an EV for some time now, and I really like the i-Pace.

Are there any owners here who can give some insight?

One of my main concerns is the fact that they have been discontinued- does this mean parts would be much harder to find, or would there still be a reasonable amount of parts and supplies in circulation?

I've also heard that getting an i-Pace can be a total lottery- some are excellent, and some will break your heart with issues. Is consistency a known problem with the i-Pace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

More a historical issue with Jaguar land rover and poor reliability

But most of the problems wouldn't exist in an EV because they don't have those parts.

I don't think there's many bad stories about ipace in particular, if I was looking for a heavily depreciated luxury SUV EV I'd be considering it.

Others may have heard bad things about them I've missed of course.

I've been following the i-Pace owner's forum and other sites- one person was quoted 100k to replace an out of warranty battery 😳

That would be an extreme example but it does raise the question about the cost of i-Pace spare parts too

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Admldj

Have had one for the last 2 years and put about 85k on it in that time, the car has been absolutely faultless.

I find the real world range to be around 370km in summer and 320km in winter with a fairly even mix of motorway and back roads on my 160km daily return commute.

Depreciation in that time has been crazy but 2022 was a bad time to buy so there's that, there is however, exceptional value in the used ones out there at the minute.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has on my experience with the Jaaag

Thanks for the info- good to know about the real world range.

A few questions about the car- Did you buy new or used? If it was used, what things would you advise a potential buyer to look out for.

I have been reading online about the warranty: am I right in saying that the battery warranty is 8 years, or 160K KM's ; And that the car warranty is now 5 years, increased from 3 years by Jaguar?

Did you experience any issues at all, even small ones?

Are you concerned about the cost of repairs once the warranty is finished, or will you sell before then?

What is your feedback on Jaguar dealership/support- any issues there? I am Munster based so just trying to figure out what I would do if I had a breakdown- I understand that if the car is under warranty, the owner must pay the cost to get it towed to the dealership for repair?

I'd be very grateful for any other tips, tricks, advice or information in relation to the i-Pace.

Apologies for all the questions, but I think it is much more beneficial to ask actual owners who have real experience.

• Advertisement

I bought the car used, was a few months shy of 3yrs old so still had a little of original warranty on it and had a year warranty from the independent garage I bought from, check the online service history would be one, you just need the VIN from the window to do this, make sure the car has had all the latest updates and patched, especially H441, keeps on eye on battery conditions in case of potential fire risk (rare enough but has happened with the LGES batteries) besides from that it's like any car, get in it and push every button and switch to check things are working.

Battery and motor warranty is 8yrs or 160k, earlier models had a 3 year warranty with newer cars having a 5 year warranty, both can be extended by Jaguar one year at a time for around €1k

Had a minor niggle in the passenger seat occupancy sensor wasn't particularly sensitive which was interfering with the smart climate(wasn't picking up passenger so no air/heat for them) fixed in the dealer in a couple of hours. That's all I can think of so far as issues go.

Are you concerned about the cost of repairs once the warranty is finished, or will you sell before then? warranty has been out about 2 years, I'm no more worried about this car than any other I've had, the opposite actually, feel very confident with it, the technology is improving and becoming cheaper all the time, I'd expect repairs replacements to follow suit, I plan to keep it another 2-3 years and will most likely get another one with a few more extras on it. Mine will be at around 250k at that point so will probably give it my dad

What is your feedback on Jaguar dealership/support- any issues there?The dealer I use in Naas has been fantastic can't fault them, I can't really comment on rest of country but I do know some of the dealers are shedding the Jaguar mark so might throttle technician availability at some point, any dealer you buy from will have a duty of care to look after you so should be OK. Never had a breakdown in it but have breakdown assistance on my insurance so would be covered for flat bed with that.

The ipace forum is incredible for info, the UK/EU and USA sites have every question answered and then some. Gives great guidance when your in with the dealer asking questions and you're able to quote some technical bulletin from Topix to them that someone has shared.

Ask away on anything else, they really are great car to drive, I've yet to drive any EV like it, a proper Jag with luxury, performance and handling all spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Extending the warranty by a year for €1K could be a prudent option. What does it cover or not cover ? Any mileage limit ?

Don't have it myself but took the below from the forum, prices in pounds but I've found the Euro prices to be comparable.

Higher Level” extended warranty: No annual mileage limit. Claim limit up to the value of the vehicle within the year period.

£850 with Jaguar Assistance or £770 per year without Jaguar Assistance. £80 price difference for Jaguar Assistance.

“Select” limited extended warranty: (£3000 claim limit within the year and 25,000 annual limit)

£756 annually with Jaguar Assistance.

£672 annually without Jaguar Assistance

Forum members swear by Jaguar assistance, there is a button in the car that calls them and apparently they will arrange pickups and speed up service at dealerships if there is a problem.

Is this forum feedback based on Jaag owners in Ireland or mainly UK ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭3d4life

(a) ALD seem to have a few ex-lease cars on offer at the moment

https://www.futuredrivalia.ie/used-cars/?make=Jaguar

(b) Have a look at the recalls outstanding before buying

It's mostly UK, although the EU members seem to have similar successes when dealing with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭MarkN

you soon forget driving one that it’s an EV - absolutely cracking car to drive. Why they didn’t make an F-Type EV, I’ll never know!

That 100k quote for a battery post sums up EVs and the internet / pub talk.

A lot of used iPace models for sale seem to have terrible looking small alloy wheel options. They look way better with the 20” rims fitted to the HSE models.

The larger wheels result in shorter range- I recall reading somewhere that the 22" rims reduce the range by over 30 kilometres.

Thanks for this, some very solid advice there- just what I was looking for.

In relation to the servicing, what is the waiting time when you are looking to book a service? Someone mentioned offhand to me that the wait can be several months- is this true in your experience?

I normally book my services 6-8 weeks out, the Jaguar app shows how many km to next service and my driving is pretty consistent so easy to calculate, never had an issue with the dates I needed, so, like all things, plan ahead and you should be grand.

What are the general opinions on getting an EV with a sunroof? I've heard some people comment that they are a lot less forgiving in an EV when the seals start to leak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

A sunroof on an EV is no different than a sunroof in an ICE. People who comment to suggest otherwise are either thick, or stupid and probably both.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭kirving

I don't think seals are an issue, unless it was some egregious design flaw with sunroof drains going directly into power electronics.

What I would say regarding sunroofs though - I live in a hot area now, and tbh rarely if ever use the sunroof on the car. Leave the interior cover open and you absolutely bake inside, so on an EV that would mean more AC usage, and less range. Less of an issue in Ireland of course.

It was one of the reasons I bought that particular car, but I wouldn't care for one on an EV.

As for the I-PACE, I've been in a few (Waymo) and was very pleasantly surprised. Really nice place to sit and a shame we don't see more of them.

Advertisement