Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service incremental credit/skips

• 28-08-2024 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

HI I was wondering if anybody could advise me about imcrental skips when imcrental credit has been awarded for previous service. For example...

I had 13 years previous service as a CO which ended in 2013. I re-entered the Civil Service in April 2023 as new Entrant CO. I was then awarded 7 years incremental credit and placed on point 7. When my probation ended in April 2024 I was given my increment and placed on point 8.

My question is, should have been awarded the skip to point 9 instead? I have raised a ticket with NSSO but have heard nothing back

If anybody could help shed some light on this I would be very grateful,

Thank You :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭MaryKaye79

sorry,

I don’t know the answer. But curious to know why you weren’t awarded 13 years incremental credit? Is 7 years the max?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sparkyG6

Yes point 7 is the max they can award.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Did you previously skip Point 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Why would you skip point 8? Is this normally the way it's done at CO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

Yes, it's covered by circular 04/2020.

• Advertisement

YeS new entrant CO skip point 4 8 and 12 from what I can see.

No I left the service in 2013so rhe incremental skips didn't apply to me then, but I'd assume they do now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭Daith

Interesting. I thought as you're a new entrant now, you wouldn't have got any incremental credit at all.

Maybe it was a case of giving you the credit and recognizing your former service and you're not considered a "new" entrant and therefore don't skip the increment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,897 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

as suggested here, given your previous service, you may have been placed back on the pre-2011 scale you were on before rather than the new entrant scale. This happens in certain cases - not sure of exact criteria

the system should tell you what scale/point you are on and you can compare this to the two scales

Advertisement