Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon frame assessment - repair?

• 29-08-2024 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Any idea where I could get an assessment on my carbon frame bike in Dublin?

I have some damage to my top tube . (Strangely I've no idea how it happened!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Cycleplus - Greystones - are fully qualified for carbon repair and assessment. They're my go-to LBS, always great to deal with, but I haven't (thankfully) had to use them for carbon repair.

From memory there are a few other qualified mechanics/ LBS in or around Dublin that others on here can probably recommend… but I'd definitely go with someone who has the qualifications for this kind of work... not something you want to be taking a chance on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Carbontec in Palmerstown is another option. A mate of mine is dealing with them currently and they come highly recommended from a number of sources and past customers with very high end bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Plastik

Carbontec for me from past experience with both aforementioned businesses.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've also used Carbontec and would recommend.

https://www.facebook.com/carbontecframerepair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭meercat

I’ll add my recommendation for Keith in Carbontec too. Top man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Also Carbontec.

Advertisement