Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV License Statutory Declaration

• 29-08-2024 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

This morning I got a letter in my mailbox from Anpost asking me to fill a Statutory Declaration form and return it back to them. I don't have a TV and thus no need for a TV licence and, and the letter was addressed to "The occupier".

So I was wondering if it's a good idea to fill the form and return it, or it would open a door for further correspondance from their end, i.e. if I fill the form and provide my name in the process I may get next letter addressed to my name with legal liabilities entailed. Any insights would be much appriciated.

Regards,

Fady

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,240 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Fill it in I would suggest. If you don't need a licence then there's nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fady

I'm actually worried that this letter is simply a beginning of a set up, where I fill and provide my name so they would then send an inspector who claims a PC monitor is a TV set then starts a legal procedure using my name for court summons. I've read several such negative experiences online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Buffman

You're not legally obliged to do anything unless it was given personally to you by an officer of an issuing agent or served by registered post. I don't think an unregistered letter to 'the occupier' meets either of those criteria, but it's your decision OP.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

If it's addressed to the occupier just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Brian2208

I got one of those letters a few years ago. I don't have a telly so I filled it out and sent it back to them. I haven't heard from them since

• Advertisement
Advertisement