Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Folk singer wanted

• 29-08-2024 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3

Hi,

Older guitarist here (male) based in north kildare. Looking for a singer who is passionate about old folk songs, not the typical pub ballads. Would love to maybe form a folk duo with a view to doing the odd pub gig. Never got the chance when I was younger and would love to give it a go now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Undercoverhippy

Hi OldFolky - what are your favoured folk singers? There are a couple of Archie Fisher songs I really like singing - also Blacksmith a la Planxty and Ye Jacobites by Name are other favourites. Also Raglin Road and Carrickfergus but I guess they qualify as standard issue ballads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 OldFolky

Hiya,

Thanks for reply,

Yeah sounds perfect, just looking for an auld jam buddy, play a few tunes. Where you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Undercoverhippy

I'm in Dublin - Rathmines - where are you? What do you like to play so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 OldFolky

Hi, Undercover Hippy,

Thanks for reply. I'm into Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Van the Man.

Love the Irish stuff too, Christy Moore, Mary Black, Paul Brady.

Must admit that I wasnt familiar with a couple of the artists that you mentioned but I've looked them up and I note that they are Scottish singers. I love Scottish music, particularly, Ally Bain and Dick Gaughan so I could definitely get on board with the kind of stuff you're into.

I live out in the sticks, Co Kildare but work in Dublin so could maybe meet up after work sometime..

Anyway send me a Whatsapp on 087 6356881 if you're interested cause dont want to be chatting back and forth on this forum

Thanks again

OldFolky.

Advertisement